Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A child's request....

Kids are the darndest, you know??  Once they see you have a smidgen of talent they want to suck it all up like a vacuum cleaner.  My youngest had a birthday party to go to recently.  The birthday child LOVES Mario Brothers.  My youngest asked if I could make a Mario card and wrapping paper.  I gave it some thought and was like yea, sure, I can do that.  Mind you, I've probably got at minimum 12 projects "open" right now.  Not finished, laying around, consuming my mind on how I want them complete, but not feeling "it" to finish.  You get what I mean, right?  My craft bug must have the flu, because I'm just not feeling very creative this week and yes, it's already Wednesday.  Anyway, this is what I came up with: 

I used 6 colors of vinyl to make this card.  It's hard to see here, but the vinyl gives a nice sheen and adds a bit of dimension to the face of this card.  When I initially did this project I used paper, but it didn't have the ummph! I was looking for.  I decided if I was going to spend this much time making a card that will presumably get thrown away, (yes,it's true, even hand-made cards get tossed) I wanted it's recipient to at least think it was "neat" before it got tossed out with the Mario wrapping paper we created.  Yup, I sometimes go out of my way just a tad!  Especially if it means making my child happy, and this was the request.  As for the Mario wrapping paper, well that wasn't so "neat" in my opinion, but my child loved it.  I just got a bunch of images online and cut, copied, colored and pasted Mario ALL over plain green wrap.  Needless to say, it wasn't picture worthy for me, but my kid loved it and so did the birthday child!

'Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment