Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday

If you are a paper crafter of any sort, chances are you either own a Cricut, want to own a Cricut or are waiting for your Cricut to arrive via FedEx or someone of the like.  If you don't know what a Cricut is all I can say is...huh??  As I was perusing one of my favorite websites today (Pinterest, btw if you need an invite, just let me know, I'm happy to share), I came across a tutorial for embossing with your Cricut.  Yes, I said embossing with your Cricut....what????  It never ceases to amaze me at how creative people truly are.  Whomever came up with this exquisite idea, kudos, accolades and THANK YOU!  What an amazing way to be just a little more creative than the average Jane.

You can find the tutorial I'm talking about on YouTube.  Click here to watch...it's really fantastic.  After watching this tutorial, I just had to learn more about its creator.  Her name is Joy and she has a SUPER site, properly named Joy's Life!  You must check out Joy's crafts they are AWESOME!  Clearly, Joy is an avid Cricut-eer.  She has so much info on the how's/why's and you need to know's of all things Cricut, and a bunch about Silhouette too!  I encourage you to check her out and you'll probably become a fan just like me!

Ok, ok, so back to the embossing thing.  I love to emboss...sometimes, too many things.  No, seriously, I once embossed napkins for a party 'cause I had a folder to "match".  Yea, I sometimes go overboard.  Anyway, you can be limited to the designs to emboss with your Big Shot or Cuttlebug, but now you can emboss a Cricut design onto practically any medium.  So, now you can use your Cricut to emboss, or you can use designs in your cartridges or SCAL and create embossing folders with your Cricut.  So many ideas, so many ideas.  Once I watched Joy's tutorial my mind really started racing, I'm sure yours will too.   


Have fun!!  If you try this technique and want to share your project, let me know, I'd be happy to display them here!!!

'Till next time 

No comments:

Post a Comment