Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Boy

I recently had the pleasure of helping out for a baby shower and making a gift or two.  Of course, I volunteered to create some of the mom-to-be's favorite desserts!  Baking is one of my favorite things to do, has been since I was a little girl.  There's something to be said for someone loving what you make and going back for more.  This particular mommy-to-be was having a serious chocolate chip sweet tooth attack.  

Just a few of the desserts....they were yummy!
Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter anything was what the MTB was craving, so I made peanut butter stuffed chocolate cupcakes and then thought a chocolate chip stuffed cupcake would really do the trick.  I found this recipe online and tweeked it a bit to be a little different.  I made my own chocolate chip frosting to go with the cupcake.  MTB really wanted chocolate chip, Peanut Butter, M&M's, red velvet cake balls, etc!  Basically, the entire sweet and salty combo was what she was looking for.  Well, I made them all, as well as many other treats that you see in the above photo.  

Since we were going with a sweet/salty, brown/blue theme, I thought I'd try my hand at making colored popcorn.  I used berry blue jello and corn syrup to color the popcorn the blue color I wanted, then I drizzled chocolate across salted popcorn and mixed them together.  I had no idea it would be so yummy.  It was a HIT!  I had guests asking where i bought it, did I have more, etc.  Well, this recipe is all mine and sorry, but it will remain a secret.  I will however be making more for the next party in team colors!!!  

Somehow, I didn't get a photo of the finished creation, but I added a tag to each bag that said..."Watch out, this Mom's about to POP!" and added a cute brown and blue zebra ribbon to tie it all together.




The party favors were super easy and went perfect with the theme "Wild about You" in blue and brown zebra.  I found this neat and easy favor and whipped up about 50...well, whipped up probably isn't the word....but you get my point.  Click the "favor" link for great directions.  We filled each with blue and brown chocolates.


Check out this cutie.....what a fun way to create a diaper gift and not be a traditional cake.  I of course scoured the web to get ideas.  Sorry, I don't have any one particular site to share with you on this guy.  I kinda just picked what I liked and put my own together.  Here are a few shots....




Mom and Dad thought it was fun and I even got a few requests to make some more for future MTB's.  For this particular tricycle I used a half-case of Pampers, two bibs, two receiving blankets, a sippy cup, and a pair of booties.  Tie it all together with some ribbon, throw some shrink wrap around it and wallah!  you've got a useful gift for baby to be.  

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment