Thursday, October 27, 2011

Two-fer Thursday??

Yes, I was feeling bad, so I decided to post twice today.  Have you ever had plastic outdoor furniture?  You know the kind, plastic stackable chairs and tables.  Let's face it, they are economical, durable and do the job...for a while.  Then they look like this after a while....
This chair was originally Hunter Green, not chalky gray yuck
Yup, that's the ugliness that they can turn into when out baking in the sun for a few summers.  Lucky for me, my hubz picked these up from a house curbside if ya catch my drift.  Hey, FREE is for me...I have no problem with that.  I will no longer pick things up curbside due to a bed bug infestation in my neck of the woods, but prior to this, I found some really great gems....these chairs being one of them (hubz gets the credit for this one)  So hubz comes home with a set of four.  Nothing is wrong with these Adirondack chairs except that they are a little yucky looking in my eyes.  We needed more chairs, our house is the welcoming center all summer, but t-h-e-s-e chairs needed not just to be cleaned like the hubz thought.

In comes one of my favorite products in the big box home store....
Krylon Fusion for Plastics....<3 it!!
I got this spray on sale at the blue light special store...why they even had it, I don't know or care...I made out big time on a grand steal.  $1.99 per can!!!!
I have four chairs, so I got four cans just in case.  Again, I don't measure things so I had no idea how much I would need, but I bought what they had.  This normally sells for about $4 at the local big box home store, so half-price was great!  Jeez, $.50 off and I'm happy!!

Anyway, I did clean the chairs very well and placed them in a shady spot on the lawn.  I was painting everything green, so I didn't put anything under the chairs...the grass was my drop cloth.  How "green" of me....haha!

I sprayed two coats.  I think I could have gotten away with one, but two seemed like a better option to me and I had...4 cans!  The paint sprays nice and even, just watch out for windy days, they are not the BEST day to paint.  More paint in the air then on the project.  Here is my before and after....what do you think?  Not too bad for $8...huh?

Before and After

 

No comments:

Post a Comment