Friday, October 7, 2011

Mom...I need a gift

Sounds simple enough right?  Usually, but not when you can't leave the house and oh by the way, the party is soon, in a few hours!  Ok, breathe, think, breathe...what do I have here?  I usually have some sort of stash, things I found on sale, etc.  You see, I wasn't asked to go BUY a gift...I was being asked to MAKE something in addition to the gift we already purchased.  This is both good and bad, great because that means that my children actually DO appreciate the things I create for them, BAD because now they want me to exhaust my creations on others...haha!  Off to the "scrap" wood pile.  (It's not really scrap wood, it's just wood that became smaller than when I originally purchased it.  Poor scrap wood, it sounds so cheap!)

Luckily, I found a piece of wood I could use.  Every little girl enjoys a sign with her name on it.  Currently, every little girl in my neighborhood also seems to love peace signs, so out with the Cricut and SCAL as well.  We selected the colors and off to painting I went.  I made a reverse stencil for the bazillion peace signs and the words.  After painting, I couldn't help but Stickle everything...I mean who doesn't like sparkles??  

So here you have it:  Emily's Room Sign
Cute for winging it...right?