Saturday, October 8, 2011

Scents of Fall and then some.....

While walking into my local Shop Rite today to finish off my coupon shopping extravaganza, I could smell it...you know, that scent that triggers a memory.  You know the one, almost the same thing that happens when you hear a song and you remember exactly what you were doing and with whom when that song played.  Anyway, as we were walking through the produce section the scent hit me and instant memories came back...the smell of fall.  Every year my Dad's wife would bring one of these brooms back from her local fair.  I loved them!  Not so much the broom, but the scent...mmm.  So I sniffed around until I found it....the 36" Cinnamon Broom from A Touch of Country Magic.  I probably would have paid more for it because I love that scent so much, but to my surprise, I got it on sale for $4.99...SCORE!!!  Here's a picture in case you are not familiar. 

36" Cinnamon Broom from A Touch of Country Magic....yummy scent!!!!
Good thing I could smell them because the store had them pretty well hidden, not displayed prominently like I would have had them...haha.  Ironically, as I was shopping for a birthday present earlier today, I saw a similar broom and thought, that would be great for my Halloween display.  I put the broom back deciding, it cost too much...it was $9.99 and no sale was available (I'm ALL about the SALE)  

Have I told you I don't like to shop?  I don't!  I like to go get what I'm there for and leave.  When I shop I'm on a mission.  I'm not a looker, but I'll try new things if I have a coupon.  I shopped at three local stores today (all within a 3 mile radius) to finish my coupon extravaganza shopping.  I'm not an extreme couponer, I'd like to be, but I'm not that dedicated, nor do I find it necessary to have 50 bottles of shampoo taking up valuable space in my home...even if it is FREE.  Gasp!!  I have no problem shopping for FREE things and taking what I can use and then donating or giving it away, but today wasn't one of those days.  I had to pay for everything....insert pouty lip here.  I now have enough food and snacks for at least the next two weeks, minus a few perishables, and I most likely have enough mouthwash, chapstick and detergent for at least a couple of months...meaning I bought two or three of each item, not 26 like the lady that I followed around in Walgreens today!  I couldn't pass up a few bargains, I mean when you are getting the big jug of Vegetable oil for $1.47, you should buy at least 2 right?...and yes, I said JUG.  That oil will likely last the next year or so unless I go on a frying extravaganza, HIGHLY unlikely!!  

Extravaganza happens to be my word for today, could you tell?  

Anyway, I spent $ 56.65 tonight and saved $ 143.53.  Not too shabby, but again, no extreme couponing either.  It all starts again tomorrow, hopefully we have great coupons in the paper again this week...insert smiley face here!  We are having beautiful weather here at home, I hope you are as well.  

Enjoy the scents of fall they are SCENT-SATIONAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment