Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's in a Blog?

I've been wanting to blog...but about what exactly?  I wasn't sure.  I want readers, subscribers and learners.  I want to share the tidbits that I've picked up along my way in this so called life, but are they interesting enough for you to want to learn, know or read about?  That has been the question.  Clearly, I decided that I was gonna jump in with both feet (well hands, I don't type with my toes..yet) and test out these bloggy waters.  I hope you find my posts interesting so that you come back daily.  My intention is to keep this updated often, I say often so you can't hold me to anything specific...haha.  Really though, I hate going to a blog only to find that they haven't updated in eons.  I'm sure that they too were well-intended to keep up, but when they don't I find it boring and that's when they lose me  A few friends have also encouraged me to do this bloggy thing, so here's to them, Thank-you, I finally did it!


I've been called a LOT of things in my life, none of course that need to be mentioned here except this:  Martha Crocker.  Who's that you say?  My nickname as a kid and probably what I should have named this blog, but that's for another day.  Ok, where was I...oh yea, how many 5th graders do you know that during summer vacation would make chocolate chip cookies, homemade pierogies, friendship bracelets and reinvent a T-shirt to be "cool" all in one day?  Well, that was me and a typical day at my house, and so I earned the name Martha Crocker.  Martha for Martha Stewart, for who I am not...I don't have a staff full of ideas...and Crocker for Betty Crocker for whom I could never be...I hate to measure things.  My friends loved coming to my house because they would always leave with something good or learn how to do something they could show their family.  I don't know how it happened, I certainly wasn't taught these things by anyone in particular, but I "wing it" often and everything turns out pretty good, well, usually.  


One more thing that is REALLY important for you to know...I'm super dee duper SARCASTIC.  Read my words like your best friend who likes to crack jokes is talking to you, cause that's how I'm writin' it.  I have one of them there singulair witty-tudes...not everyone always knows when I'm joshing around, it's more often than not, just an FYI for ya.


I'll end today with a Fall piece created by me,  I call it......yea, nothing, I'm not an artist, I don't give things names.  Anyway, here it is...enjoy your day, meet you back here tomorrow.
Happy Fall Ya'll


So, this was a piece of scrap 1x8 that I had lying around...I cut it square 8x8, which I think is really 7.5"x7.5" in lumber math, but again...I HATE TO MEASURE anything.  I painted it first with a brown umber, slapped some crackle on top then painted over it all with my favorite paint Americana's Buttermilk.  I marked the edges where I wanted to paint pumpkin orange and slapped some more crackle over top...I know I went a little wild with the crackle..oops!  So that was mistake number, I don't know, but I recovered and it didn't turn out so bad, in fact, I LIKED it!  Onto the saying, you've heard it before just like me and I love saying Ya'll so it was fittin' to have a sign that said that in my home.  I used my handy dandy Cricut machine and SCAL to cut out the words and shapes.  I used four different vinyl/contact papers on this project, all of which were FREE!!!  Rummaging through a store I found the "wood" contact paper and they gave it to me since it was badly damaged!  LOVE THAT!!  I layered the pumpkins on to the grass and the cornstalks onto the for sale sign.  I then antiqued everything using a STAZ ON inkpad then clear coated the whole shabang so it would be safe outside.  It hangs off of my mailbox, under my porch so it's pretty weather resistant, but better to be safe.  Hope you enjoyed my "tutorial"...haha, really, I'll work on this tutorial thing...truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment