Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I LOVE a bargain!

While recently shopping at Target, or as we like to call it....TarShay, we found Composition Books on sale for $.10 each.  What a bargain...right??  Earlier, in the beginning of the school year, my oldest wanted a comp book from Staples that was multi-colored.  At a price tag of $2.99 for being "fancy" I said no way.  We settled with plain ole' black and white comp books.  When I was a kid, we used to use red pens to color in all of the marbling on a Comp book, or if we were getting fancy, we used pinks, reds and greens, but always in ink.  

We didn't see the "fancy" books on sale this time at TarShay, so yet again, we settled.  My oldest decided that some craftiness was in order to make a "fancy" book.  I told the story "...when I was a kid..."  My oldest heard...blah, blah, blah.  Anyway, someones creativity got flowing and here is the end result.  


Here is the before:


Plain ole' Composition Book


And here is the after:  



Fancified...is that a word??

Pretty cool right??

Supplies used were permanent markers, (Sharpies....NOT my Copics) duct tape and a little bit of time.  My oldest added purple duct tape to the binding and covered over the traditional black binding, colored in all of the marbling and made a really fun Comp Book.   

  
Next school year, save yourself a little $$ and have a kid color the books.  They have fun, you'll save money, they'll be proud of their work, and you'll be proud of them for making something neat.

1 comment: