Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine Treats

With the ever popular Hallmark Holiday of Valentines coming up, my children wanted me to make them something to take to school.  As usual, I'm happy to oblige.  I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day.  I love my husband everyday, and he loves me.  I don't do anniversaries or Valentines day.  What-evs'.  I see no point in going out and spending triple the going rate on a dozen of roses that are going to just die, nor do I see a point in handing me a pound of chocolate knowing that I can't have just one piece a day.  I view anniversaries pretty much the same.  Yes, will I enjoy going out, just the two of us, sure, but do I require a gift...nope, not at all.  

For my kids however, I want them to enjoy the day.  Have the parties in school, exchange cards with friends and be excited to see who your "secret" valentine may be.  I do love whimsy and Valentine's has a little bit of whimsy to it for children (at least in my eyes), so therefore, we celebrate.

The little one wanted to do something special for the class.  So far, I've come up with this cutie little lollipop idea.  I just took card stock and created little cards for the lolli to fit through.  I then punched circles to go on top of the card, stamped them up and threw some ribbon around them.  Quick and simple!

Next....a Valentine's Day card box.....come back to see how that turns out.

'Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment