Friday, January 27, 2012

Movie Deal

I'm not much of a movie goer.  I don't see any reason to spend a ton of money on going to the movies every week when you can wait to see it on DVD or cable.  I also just don't like the movie theater a whole lot.  They are usually not the cleanest of places, many times the people are just rude, and they rape you for a measly bottle of water.  I like having the option to pause, restart, or just be plain ole' comfy on my sofa or in my bed watching something I want to see.  I especially have a problem taking the family out to the movies.  I mean seriously, it's nearly $100 by the time you buy tickets and concessions...why is 3D so much more money??  Really though, I would much rather take the family bowling, miniature golfing, roller skating or a place where I felt like we did something.  Basically, we got our money's worth and had a great time doing so.  All of that being said, there are a few movies that I feel need to be seen right away or will just be much better in the theater, and often times, I'm really wrong.  I find out that I should have just waited.  I'm hoping the movie I'm going to see today proves me wrong.  

 

I'm not an avid reader, but I do get involved in certain series and can't put the books down or just can't wait till the next installment.  The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich happens to be one of those series.  Who wouldn't want to live vicariously through Stephanie on some days??  So today, the movie "One for the Money" is out in the theaters and of course I decided that this is definitely a movie I want to see in the theater.  Having read the entire series, I was excited to see it made into a movie (I hope all the characters are like I pictured them to be).  I went online to buy my tickets and saw this.....a Groupon deal is available.  Love that!!!  The Groupon deal is for $6.00 tickets!  You can't go wrong with that kind of a deal, even if the movie does prove me wrong.

So, if you are a fan of Stephanie, like I am, I hope you get your deal today and treat yourself.  Next on my list....Hunger Games.  I'll keep my eye out for a deal on that now too!






No comments:

Post a Comment