Saturday, October 15, 2011

CrockPot French Toast....yum

For work tomorrow my coworkers requested breakfast.  This is not the first time, nor will it be the last time I bring food to work, but usually it's cookies or cinnamon buns or something like that.  Breakfast?  I thought, I can do that, sure, but what will I make?  Ya see, I like my sleep and since I need to be at work no later than 7am, this breakfast is going to have to be easy, delicious, warm for my coworkers and leave me to be able to sleep till the last possible minute.  So off to one of my favorite sites A Year of Slow Cooking.  The recipes on this site are terrific.  I've tried so many things that I basically just trust that whatever they post will be delicious.  Here it is just about 11pm and I've put the recipe together and the crock pot is on....can't wait to tell you all about it tomorrow, ooo maybe even pictures!

Updated....10/16/11, ok, so there were no pictures :(  My coworkers did love the french toast, but I on the other hand, did not.  I'm a syrup kinda girl for the toast and this was just not sweet enough for me.  I like the concept, but next time I'll add about a cup of brown sugar....yes, there will be a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment